Bronze Statue of Mercury (of Bavay, Nord-Pas-de-Calais)
Mercury is naked, standing upright and is leaning on his right leg with his left leg bent slightly. He is holding a purse in his right hand and probably held a caduceus in his left hand. His head is turned to the left and rests on a powerful neck framed with short wavy locks of hair. The top of the head was forged separately.
- Antiques Trade Gazette
- , Bronze, Royal Academy of Arts
- , Musée d’Art Classique de Mougins. La Collection Famille Levett
- Minerva: the International Review of Ancient Art & Archaeology
- Musée d'Art Classique de Mougins (MACM), Mougins, France, from 2011
- , Royal Academy of Arts, London, UK, September 2012 — December 2012
N.B. Our online collection is being continually updated thanks to ongoing research and documentation efforts carried out by the MACM documentation team. Any additional information is welcome, please contact us.