Picenian Ceremonial Helmet with Preserved Lining
On the top of the helmet is the stylised image of a grinning face and hands, perhaps a deity. A rare example of a woven helmet-liner is still preserved inside the helmet.
- , Ein bronzener Prunkhelm der Hallstattzeit, Mainz
- , Auction 60
- , "Graeco-Italic Militaria", Mougins Museum of Classical Art, France
- , "Picasso, Klein, Gladiator...", Nice Matin, Mougins
- , "Hoplite, le premier guerrier de l'histoire", Antiquité, hors-série
- , Hoplite, le premier guerrier de l'histoire
- Musée d'Art Classique de Mougins (MACM), Mougins, France, from June 2011
N.B. Our online collection is being continually updated thanks to ongoing research and documentation efforts carried out by the MACM documentation team. Any additional information is welcome, please contact us.